Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Utsuwa Floral Design (or Where to Buy a Mogwai)


I recently stumbled upon a small novelty floral design shop on Polk St. (Link to Map).  Utsuwa Floral Design has the feel of a quirky curio-shop cum museum. Had I bought something, I might have expected it to come with a warning: 1) Keep it away from bright light, 2) Don't get any water on it, and 3) Never, never ever feed it after midnight. But these were just plants, right?...??? No, Gizmo, Noooo!   Alive with bonsai, terrariums, and water-plant craftings, it's quite a magical feeling just to be inside. And I think anyone who regularly reads garden blogs would be thrilled with a gift from within!

I introduced myself as a budding garden blogger to the shop's owner, Hiro. He is recently from Japan and opened the boutique just over a month ago. He has the most gentle demeanor and upon meeting him you see the passion and care he has for his creations. If you are in San Francisco, please do stop in and check this place out. And tell Hiro (and Gizmo?) I say konnichiwa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT