Friday, April 9, 2010

Will I Ever Tire of This?


















Having spent my early years in Detroit, I still carry with me the quaint aesthetic of the tire planter. Some may brush it off as an unacceptable, trashy poor-man's idea of what a garden should be. My heart warms when I see one, perhaps because it brings back Motor City memories of childhood past. I remember nearly every house that had a garden, had a tire planter.  I don't think I'll ever, ahem, "tire", of this old-school project.  Here are a few photos I found of different styles, classic to modern chic. (And YES, I am using these terms to describe a tire-planter!)
Above is a more modern plant grouping and design feature. This parrot planter below can hardly be recognized as a tire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT